Family organizers across different households

Options
Shadow_g
Shadow_g
Community Member

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've just joined Families and wanted to clarify if my proposed use case would work.

I'd like to add my brother to the group. I am currently the only organizer, but would like make him an organizer so we restore master keys in case one of us loses our devices.

I understand we won't be able to view each other's private vaults, and the shared vault is viewable by all. But would he be able to create new vaults that only him (and his household) can access? And would my own household's vault be hidden from him despite him being an organizer (assuming I removed his permissions)?

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Shadow_g!

But would he be able to create new vaults that only him (and his household) can access?

He can create a new vault and assign permissions to access only to certain members of the account :+1: This documentation page has all the information:

Create and share vaults

And would my own household's vault be hidden from him despite him being an organizer (assuming I removed his permissions)?

By default yes, the vault would be hidden for him. However, as an Organizer, he is technically able to add himself to the vault since he has the same permissions level as you have. Regular team members can only access vaults assigned to them instead.

This discussion has been closed.