how do I create a 1Password Ver 7.7 backup to iCloud using macOS Big Sur?

pgsmidt
pgsmidt
Community Member

I'm trying to set up an iCloud backup for 1PassWord data. I'm using macOS Big Sur. Does it matter that I'm using 1PassWord bought from the Apple App Store? Right now I have it synced to both my iPhone and iPad using the Private Vault. I had a Primary Vault on the Mac, but it got corrupted (somehow my entries got duplicated and didn't stay in sync with my other devices, so I deleted the Primary Vault. Everything is working well, as far as I can tell, but different directions I've seen for Backing Up refer to menu items I can't seem to find on my 1Password app on the Mac.

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11 (Big Sur)
Sync Type: iCloud if possible, none right now
Referrer: forum-search:backup to iCloud on macOS Big Sur

Comments

• @pgsmidt

The Primary vault is not part of a membership and data placed in it will not sync. That's one of the reasons we recommend when moving to a membership that you remove the Primary vault. The Primary vault should be removed from all devices. Here are the steps I would suggest.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

1Password maintains all of your backups in your account on 1Password.com We do not make use of iCloud and local backups are not possible when using a membership. That's why you do not see the option on your copy of 1Password.

1Password backups

This discussion has been closed.