Problem with v7.7.1

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited February 2021 in iOS

This just started happening with v7.7.1. Every time I try to use any login I get the expected blue bar...”Do you want to login to XXXXX using 1Password” I tap the blue bar and at this point I used to get a FaceID challenge and then 1P would autofill my credentials. Now, I have to type in my password every time...every login. 100% of the time. I sure hope there is a fix for this.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LarryMcJ!

If you open the main 1Password app instead, are you prompted for your Master Password or for Face ID there?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'm prompted for my FaceID when I open the app normally...FaceID is definitely turned on and working. But every time I go to a login, whether I get the blue bar tutorial or the (occasional) one above the keyboard, clicking either has always prompted FaceID, then 1Password fills the credentials. I'm going to try something later...though I've already reinstalled 1Password three times, I'm going to uninstall it, then restart the phone and add 1Password again. I know...it shouldn't make any difference, but it's the only thing I haven't tried.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

Before you do that, can you confirm something? When you are prompted for your Master Password in the autofill extension, do you see the Face ID button below the Master Password field, or is that missing completely?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I know what you're referring to (small icon of a fingerprint) – t's completely missing. The only way to authenticate the login is manually typing in my 1P password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LarryMcJ:

I would be curious to know if a simple reboot helped here, without even reinstalling 1Password. Before the reboot, the only other thing I can think of is to check the 1Password Settings in the app > Advanced > Security. If the option Turn on Always Show Lock Screen for Password AutoFill is enabled, it would explain what you are seeing.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Oops...too late. I removed 1Password, restarted my iPhone, reinstalled 1Password, configured my preferred settings, and everything works as expected. It almost had to be a one-off issue or else you folks would have been flooded with complaints.

But to answer your previous question – No, I have never enable the option to Always Show Lock Screen for Password AutoFill and that's the first place I looked to see if some gremlin had enabled it :)

Thanks, ag_ana!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

@ag_ana - I just noticed something else. With this latest version, the similar problem we worked on here has also been solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for both updates @LarryMcJ, that's nice to hear :)

• ceasley
    ceasley
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

We are seeing this exact issue. The faceid icon is missing in the 1Password login screen. We have already removed and reinstalled the app and it didn't seem to help.

What next? This is with both an iPhone 11 Pro and and iPhone 12 Pro with latest iOS installed.

EDIT: It looks like if you set "Lock on exit" to disabled, FaceID is effectively disabled for the app. I can reproduce this 100% of the time now. Enabling "lock on exit" allows FaceID to work again.

• @ceasley

What version of iOS are you using? I am unable to reproduce your results using an iPhone 12 Pro. Turning off Lock on exit and walking away for a minute to allow 1Password to lock. Then on my return I am presented with Face ID unlock.

In 1Password > Adavanced > Security Do you have your Master Password requirement set to never or some other value?

• ceasley
    ceasley
    Community Member
    Options

iOS 14.4, and yes, "Master Password" is set to "never".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ceasley:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• ceasley
    ceasley
    Community Member
    Options

When I click "Send Diagnostics" it just loads the 1password "contact us" website. There is no option to send any diagnostics unfortunately.

This behavior is inconsistent too. About 80% of the time, there is no option at all to use FaceID, but occasionally, it does work as expected. Restarting the iPhone makes no difference.

• Ben
    Options

@ceasley

I wonder if this is the difficulty?

Before you can send a diagnostics report, set up an email account in the Mail app on your iOS device.

(from https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.