To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Recommended way to move a US individual account to a Canada based family account?

bhuffman
bhuffman
Community Member

Hello,

I currently have US based individual subscription which renewed a couple of weeks ago (February 17th, 2021). I had intended to upgrade/migrate to a family subscription in the Canada region before the renewal, but life got in the way and my subscription renewed without me having done that. :)

What would be the best way to accomplish this? I subscribed from the 1password.com website and not from either app store.

1a. Upgrade to the family plan in the current US region…
1b. Create a new Canada family plan…
1c. Copy/move data over?

or

2a. Create a new Canada based family plan…
2b. Copy/move data to the new family plan…

On the billing/subscription side of things, how is the current subscription dealt with? Do I just create a Canada family plan trial or subscribe to the new family plan and then cancel the current individual subscription that was just renewed?

Thanks in advance,
Brent

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10.0.19042.804
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bhuffman!

The second option will probably be a bit simpler:

Change your region

Do I just create a Canada family plan trial or subscribe to the new family plan and then cancel the current individual subscription that was just renewed?

Our billing team can help you with this. For privacy reasons, we cannot share billing information on a public forum, so for this I encourage you to reach out to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com ;)

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• bhuffman
    bhuffman
    Community Member

Thanks! I have sent the email with the information and link to this post.

[#TJY-37715-488]

• bhuffman
    bhuffman
    Community Member

I have gone through the process of setting up a Canada based family plan, recreating the vaults, moving all the data to the new account and validating everything works on all systems and devices before deleting the US individual subscription.

It was a quick and painless process for me! Thanks for the help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @bhuffman! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.