(Switch to 1Password X from legacy 1Password browser-extension) How do I *explicitly* save a form?

I used to be able to 'update a form' in my desktop 1Password from the legacy browser extension: right click, save new password, then tab over to "update existing entry" instead of actually saving a new password.

This allowed me to do important things like:

1. Update login-forms with fields that didn't initially get saved (i.e. 'company ID' or 'account number' or something additional to email/password that didn't show up on the initial registration form that 1Password X saves)
  2. Update 1Password's precise autofilling of a login-form (i.e. ensuring 1Password fills the 'keep me logged in' checkbox, instead of unchecking it everytime I autofill the login page, which it does on a surprising number of websites)
  3. Save things that don't 'look like logins' to 1Password (i.e. DuckDuckGo's 'save cloud settings' key)

Is there still a way to do this in 1Password X? Or is that functionality gone forever? )=

1Password Version: 7.7 (MAS)
Extension Version: 1.23.1 (FireFox)
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ELLIOTTCABLE 👋

Great question! You should see a Save in 1Password option underneath fillable fields. However, to force a save, you can right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and select Save Login. There's a screenshot available on our support page below:
    Save a login manually in your browser

Let me know if you have any trouble. I'm happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.