1Password won't fill or save passwords on websites I visit.

Options
creatrix
creatrix
Community Member

My version is 1Password 7 on an iMac computer. It's been working fine since I got it last year but now it won't fill in passwords or save new passwords on websites I visit.
It's still installed in the browser but when I click on it to fill in login usernames and passwords on websites, nothing happens. I can access the password by opening the 1Password icon and copying the password into the website but that's not the way it's meant to work.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password won't fill or save passwords on websites I visit

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @creatrix!

Extension Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password browser extension do you have installed? Also, what browser is this happening with?

• creatrix
    creatrix
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Safari. Where can I find which extension I have installed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creatrix:

In Safari it would be under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab.

• creatrix
    creatrix
    Community Member
    Options

It just has 7.4.4 as I put in the 1Password Version I have - nothing else there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creatrix:

I believe that might be the problem. 1Password 7.4 is several months old now, the latest version is 1Password 7.7. Can you try updating to the latest version as a first step, and see if that helps? Even if it doesn't, making sure you are on the latest version will make things easier to troubleshoot ;)

• creatrix
    creatrix
    Community Member
    Options

OK - thank you. I thought it would just automatically update. Where do I find the link to update to 7.7?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creatrix:

Normally the app updates automatically, but you can also configure it not to do so, so that depends :) Did you download it from the Mac App Store or from our website?

• creatrix
    creatrix
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up and subscribed to 1Password from the website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creatrix:

Thank you for the confirmation. In this case, you can go to 1Password Preferences > Updates tab and check for updates manually there. Alternatively, you can just download the latest version of 1Password for Mac and overwrite the existing app :+1:

• creatrix
    creatrix
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much - it's all working now.
    Just for your info - I went to 1Password Preferences but there was no updates tab, so I went to the link you provided and downloaded the latest version. I see there's an updates tab on the new version, but there wasn't on the old. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had the same issue as me.

• @creatrix

There is no updates tab on the Mac App Store version of 1Password as that store handles all of the updates. The direct download version has the updates tab. No worries though, you're up and running now. Let us know if you encounter any issues.

This discussion has been closed.