I've been having issues with mac version 7 now for sometime. It is very very slow!

Options
BigLordy
BigLordy
Community Member

Hi Support,
I am on Mojave (10.14.6) and the latest v7.7 1Password currently and it's just got beyond a joke now. I've been a longtime user since version 2 so I am very familiar with it and also have an AgileBits cloud 1Password account.
To perform an action now I can wait 30-60 second (no jokes) and it seems to get worse the longer it's open although the reason I'm reporting this now is that restarting it has not cleared whatever the fault is and it is just as bad as when I closed it down. Sometimes doing a restart of my iMac 2014 27 inch may clear the time delay but that now too doesn't seem to help. Some months ago last year (before the last update) it was slow after doing a bit of editing up to 15secs sometimes a little longer.
It is now becoming nearly unusable with my time schedule but I am happy to get you whatever info/reports you need from my imac to help get this sorted.
Another thing I've noticed (I sync through Dropbox) that it is also having trouble syncing even though I've checked and double checked all my devices are using the same account. I can sync and still changes will not be on my imac version yet I can confimr the dropbox opvault hase been updated.
Anyway I await your help.
BigLordy (Brian)

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Mac v7.7 Very Slow

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BigLordy!

Our developers have improved performance of the 1Password for Mac app in the latest beta, if you would like to give it a try already ;)

Use 1Password beta releases

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

1Password 7.8 is now available from our website and contains the performance fixes that had been in the beta. If you installed the beta for the fix and want to get back on the non-beta release you can find instructions in this guide: https://support.1password.com/betas/

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.