startup is very slow

Options
denniskrus
denniskrus
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

Running 1Password 7.7 on my iMac Big Sur Version 11.2. Within the past few weeks, 1Password has been very slow in opening the Vault once I put in my passcode. It is taking about 5 to 10 seconds. It use to be almost instantaneously. It is also very slow in opening a website once you go int the vault. I have had all the recent software updates. Is there something I can do, or is this just common due to new updates in software?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: big Sur version 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:startup is very slow

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @denniskrus!

Our developers have improved the performance of the 1Password for Mac app in the latest beta. These improvements might help when it comes to this behavior you are reporting too, if you would like to give it a try already:

Use 1Password beta releases

• Ostrowalker
    Ostrowalker
    Community Member
    Options

This issue may be different from mine but I've noticed for a few months now (maybe since Big Sur, maybe not) that the longer my Mac has been running, the slower the 1Password unlock, sometimes taking 5-10 seconds.

If I do a fresh reboot of the machine then 1Password is super snappy and opens up right away.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I unlock with the password or use the Apple Watch or fingerprint.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ostrowalker:

What version of the 1Password for Mac app are you running at the moment?

• Ostrowalker
    Ostrowalker
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.7 (70807004)
    1Password Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ostrowalker:

Thank you. The next time this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.