Changed email address associated with 1P....affect on Emergency Kit?

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Lounge

Just today I changed the email address corresponding to my 1P account.

So with the same Secret Key and the same MP, then does that imply that the QR/Setup Code remains unchanged?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmjm!

You should download a new Emergency Kit if you change any of your login information. The QR would still include your old email address :+1:

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

@ag_ana just to clarify. If a designated individual was intended to obtain access to my 1P account in the event of my 'demise' then the minimal amount of information to do this would be (only) the SECRET KEY and MASTERPASSWORD? (Is the email address needed as well?)

(And In my circumstances, knowing the technical skills of this person, it would be preferable to omit the QR)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

The email addresses is needed too. If they won't use the QR code, they will have to enter your email address, Secret Key and Master Password manually, all three of the fields.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana for the extra information. I will amend my 'personalized' EK to included an email field.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @jmjm :+1: By the way, if you download the Emergency Kit from the 1Password.com website directly, it will already contain your email address.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Yup @ag_ana. But given that the 1P generated EK is a pdf I don't think I can edit it directly? And as I don't want the 'clutter' of the QR, I simply write out and then print the page for which I have typed in the email address, SK and EP.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

But given that the 1P generated EK is a pdf I don't think I can edit it directly?

You can if you use a PDF editor ;)

This discussion has been closed.