Managing E-Mails with which provider?

Mattis
Mattis
Community Member

Hi people,

I have a problem or rather I need advice because I do not know how to proceed. The issue is the following:

I have a couple of email accounts - which I don't really want. I have been planning to get rid of all my email chaos for a while now.

Now I don't know which provider I should drop and which one I should keep. It's really concerning me about security and privacy.

I have email accounts with the following providers:

Microsoft
iCloud
Google
GMX

and my own domain.

I mainly use Apple devices. I hate Google for the fact that creating an account automatically creates an email address.

I have also considered creating an alias, which was created by 1Password's password generator. I could then use this alias on websites - where I don't want to share my personal data like my name (if this is not required).

This whole email issue is driving me crazy because each provider has advantages and disadvantages.

I know, really this topic doesn't belong in this forum, but I would be really interested in how you manage your emails, with which provider and why that provider.

I'm happy to hear any opinions.

Thanks for reading.

Mattis

1Password Version: 1Password 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Fastmail has excellent support for aliases and custom domains.

Just like 1Password not the cheapest in the field, but both might be "best in class".

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Mattis I have two email accounts: one for my own domain and one at a mail provider's domain. In each case I have set-up multiple aliases, but I only have to check two inboxes. For websites where I use my real name (e.g. banking, shopping) I give addresses at my own domain. For other websites I give anonymous addresses at the mail provider's domain.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@Mattis

The lounge is for talk that doesn't seem to fit elsewhere in our community. Chat away. If it's of benefit to any of our users, this is the place if nothing else fits. Over the years, we have had an assortment of topics here. Keep up that tradition. :lol: I may or may not have created/contributed to a few of those discussions myself. :wink:

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

I was beginning to think my post was wrong here. Is my post okay? ;)

• Yes it is. :) Enjoy. We're glad to have you as part of the community. Nothing drives innovation like good discussion.

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member

Thank you so much! :) @ag_tommy

• :chuffed:

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member

Have a great day!

Greetings from Germany. @ag_tommy

• ag_ana
    ag_ana