How do I print a list of my passwords? I have 1Password only on my iPhone

Options
ronniree
ronniree
Community Member

The info I found online says "Open Password, Select Vault then File>Export>All items, Enter Master, Choose file format, Click Save. But on my iPhone when I go to Vault there is no "File>Export>All items to go to.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I print a list of my passwords? I have 1Password only on my iPhone

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @ronniree

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community. :) Those instructions would be for 1Password for Mac. 1Password for iOS does not have an export function or an ability to print multiple items at a time. Would you mind sharing with me what the purpose of these printouts are? We typically recommend against printing 1Password data. The type of information stored in 1Password tends to be fairly dynamic which means frequent printing is required in order to keep a paper copy up to date. In addition strings of text stored can be quite long (e.g. URLs, long passwords). It just isn't very efficient. Some folks seem to think that a paper copy is going to be a good backup solution, but can you imagine actually restoring your data from scratch that way? I don't know about you but I've got over 1000 items. Re-typing all of that would be incredibly time consuming and mind numbing. I ask as we may be able to offer a suggestion for a better workflow for your particular case.

Thanks.

Ben

• ronniree
    ronniree
    Community Member
    Options

The last time I switched to a new cell the 1Password data did not migrate over. Luckily, I have a techie grandson who managed to get it off of my old phone and onto my new one. But it was scary enough that if it happens again I want to have a printed out list. And yes, that list is about 110 items but it’s better than not having anything!

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.