Failing to import 1pif file

Options
PassThur
PassThur
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

Hi!

I'm trying to import old password from Firefox and SafeInCloud. For both generated 1pif files, 1password fails to import any entries with the laconic message "Imported 0 items.". So for lack of any clue, I don't know what to look for. I've truncated the SafeInCloud XML data to one entry with old expired login data and converted that. Here is the result:

{"openContents":{"tags":["Privat"]},"updatedAt":1564477156.143,"typeName":"securenotes.SecureNote","uuid":"7A4B9A2E179543D9A050CBE0C2B3EDFB","title":"25.elyngwen.de","secureContents":{"notesPlain":"Internetseite: 25.elyngwen.de\nBenutzername: Somebody\nPasswort: FooBar\nURL: http://25.elyngwen.de/forum\nColor: red"}}
***5642bee8-a5ff-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66***

I got an error from perl:

C:\Users\Lupe\Documents\Perl\mrc-converter-suite> perl convert.pl --verbose safeincloud ..\SafeInCloud_database.xml > convert-out.txt
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
C:/Users/Lupe/Documents/Perl/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Safeincloud.pm line 169 (#1)

This does not seem to be releated. I"ve added a "defined" check to line 169 to prevent the error from occurring, and I still can't import the 1pif file.

Since as an old Unix hand I don't feel comfortable with Windows, I'm using Cygwin. So I also ran the conversion in a CMD window. I also checked if the generated file had DOS format, and according to vim on Linux it has.

Any ideas wnat can be going wrong?

Comments

• @MrC is this within your wheelhouse for the convertor suite?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ag_tommy - yup, thanks for the ping. I've got it.

@PassThur

Sorry for the troubles, but I'll need a little more info.

Did you use Cygwin's Perl or Strawberrry Perl as per the README?

What version / model of SafeInCloud were you using, and what platform did you export on (you've posted on a Mac forum, are using Cygwin on Windows, so I'm unclear about this).

Let's get to Firefox later...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@PassThur

I tested the most recent Safe in Cloud desktop app on Windows, and noticed it's export format had changed since I last tested this converter. I've resolved the errors and was able to successfully import the converted data.

Can you a) answer my questions above, and b) try out the updated converter suite?

• PassThur
    PassThur
    Community Member
    Options

I"ve used Strawberry Perl, but I have the same problem with the Ubuntu 20.04 perl package. So they are bug compatible ;-)

I'll try your update in the afternoon and get back to you.

• PassThur
    PassThur
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

The new version generates a 1PIF file that imports fine to 1Password. I have a few quibbles about the contents, though. I have few entries that could be converted to standard 1Password types. There are a lot of entries with login data that was not recognized.

I'll probably hack your safeincloud converter to translate the field names to something 1Password supports. I doubt you will be interested in the code, it will probably involve a lot of special casing.

I also tried the firefox converter. Alas, that 1PIF file will not import. Can you please check the firefox converter with the current 1Password version?

Thanks a lot for you fast and competent support!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options

@PassThur

Great, sounds like good progress.

You %card_field_specs table at the beginning of the Converters\Safeincloud.pm file is mostly likely what you'll want to adjust. There are a few caveats. And this converter uses a minimum count of field names to detect a category, and when not detected, the icon can be a hint. Ask if you need help.

Regarding Firefox, see this post, and possibly this one.

You're welcome to send me an email for help regarding assistance customizing the converter(s) - my email is at the top of the convert.pl script. Email is just easier than forum posts for this type of thing.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@PassThur

Just a quick follow-up to see if you were able to complete your conversion.

• PassThur
    PassThur
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

@MrC, your "possibly this one" worked.

Thanks!

BTW, it will probably be a while till I get a round tuit for the Safeincload customization.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@PassThur

No worries, take your time. I'm here if you need help.

This discussion has been closed.