All Items and Software License

Options
blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member

Why does 1Password keep us from finding a software license in All Items? I get tired of looking in ALL ITEMS and it isn't there. Oh yes, I have to search in a NOT ALL ITEMS for the company I bought from.

Why isn't ALL ITEMS, ALLLLL ITEMS? How do I get everything to show in ALL ITEMS? Why isn't All Items ALLLLL Items?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@blackxacto Maybe if you expanded your search to ALL FIELDS you'd have more success.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

If i click the ALL ITEMS icon, why dont i see all items?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I’m not searching for anything. Why is ALL ITEMS incomplete?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blackxacto!

When I click on All Items in my 1Password app, I also see software licenses. Are those items perhaps in a different vault?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Guess ive done something. No software license is there in All items. Do i need to turn something on or rein stall, or redirect?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

And i only use one vault “personal”.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? I wonder if this is something temporary, or if you configured something differently, so this is a quick test worth trying.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I’m wide awake anyway.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood :)

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I clicked the top right gear icon and Quit Completely. Then double clicked the App 1Password. The item I want shows in the Mini menu, listed with all other items. If I click on the gear icon in the mini and "Open 1Password" then go to ALL ITEMS, the item does not list. I have to specifically choose Software License Items, to get the item I want.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

So my question is, when I open the full 1Password app, why doesn't ALL ITEMS show, ALL ITEMS?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

@blackxacto:

All items does show software licenses, the question is why this is not happening for you :) Here is a screenshot of what I see when I try this:

As you can see, software licenses appear in All Items :+1:

Are you able to prepare a short video that shows this behavior, and email it to us? I think that would be useful to see exactly what steps you are following exactly, since I am not able to reproduce this behavior in my 1Password app.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Ok will prepare and send

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect, thank you @blackxacto! After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

AG, made my video and in the process discovered that ALL ITEMS are by groups. So within ALL ITEMS I scroll down to software license. Is there anyway to completely alphabetize ALL ITEMS? If an item, in ALL ITEMS, starts w "N" then EVERY DANG ITEM that starts w "N" is in the N section? Thanks for your patience.

• @blackxacto

It sounds like you describe that your items are sorted by a different method. If you look/click under the search you can see or change your search options. Does that help?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I am not SEARCHING. I click on ALL ITEMS and scroll down. Items in this list are by Groups. Inside a Group is alphabetized, but only within the group. I want ALL items within ALL ITEMS to be alphabetized, not by groups. I want all items in ALL ITEMS alphabetized without the groups. Get all the items out of the groups and alphabetize them, in ALL ITEMS.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

This is the full app 1P, not the mini.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

if I know the item starts w "N" I scroll down to "N". It is wasteful to try to remember which group the item is first.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto:

Please follow my colleague Tommy's suggestion: he is showing you a screenshot from the main 1Password app, not from Mini, and it should help list things they way you want to :+1:

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Will check his suggestion tomorrow, just saw this. I thought i had played w that menu, but maybe not. Thanks again for you patience

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Anytime :)

This discussion has been closed.