Organise password into folders & subfolders

Options
JeanRTG
JeanRTG
Community Member

Is it possible to organise my passwords into folders and subfolders?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@JeanRTG Your vaults can serve as folders. There's no sub-folder facility, but you can use Tags to achieve something similar.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JeanRTG! Welcome to the forum!

missingbits is correct, you can use both vaults and tags for this. Folder functionality can be replicated easily with tags, in case you don't want to create multiple vaults:

Organize with favorites and tags

• JeanRTG
    JeanRTG
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm a new user, can we first address following issue?
    I send already a support request trough the main website as I'm not able to access my account.
    I got locket out from "https://my.1password.com/profile", it says Forbidden;
    I suspect an IP blacklisting as I'm able to reach the page out ouf my private network.
    But I don't want to use on my mobile phone for now and rather work from my desktop.

I'll give the vault & tag suggestion a try but it's not quit the same approach and I fear it will get cluttered at the end as the tag list will get quit long;
    Also, I've been reading here that if I add a family member, they could potentially access those vaults;
    Is that correct?

Are you planning in the futur to add the option to be able to organise passwords into folder & subfolders?
    If not in the family plan, in the business plan?

Actually I just realized the business plan is probably more for me.
    Beside my private need to manage passwords, I manage websites, I need stuff like:
    websites/url/Host/adminaccount-useraccount-etc.
    websites/url/WP/db-user-etc.
    websites/url/cpanel
    websites/url/webmail-users
    websites/url/licences
    ftp etc. ...

Thx
    Br,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JeanRTG:

I send already a support request trough the main website as I'm not able to access my account.

Absolutely, I see your email in the system, and one of my colleague will reply to you over there as soon as possible :+1:

ref: KVP-73856-569

Also, I've been reading here that if I add a family member, they could potentially access those vaults;
    Is that correct?

Only if they are an Owner with admin rights to the account, they could, but only for shared vaults: your Private vault is only accessible to you.

Are you planning in the futur to add the option to be able to organise passwords into folder & subfolders?

I am not aware of plans to do this. Folders were actually removed, we used to have them in old version of 1Password, but we have since then replaced them with tags, which allow you more flexibility, while still offering every feature folders and subfolders could.

Actually I just realized the business plan is probably more for me.

Every 1Password account can store all of that information, but it's true that Business accounts have additional features that you could find useful, especially if you share items with other users and choose different permissions:

About 1Password Business

This discussion has been closed.