Sync vault with folder sporadic – how to manually force a folder sync?

Options
yvesluther
yvesluther
Community Member

Hi there,

my wife and I are running 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) and encounter a quiet sporadic sync interval (if any) with a folder sync. The folders are synchronized via ChronoSync between each of our Macs. I don’t know how the sync interval is determined and even if there is a way to enforce a sync between the vault and the folder. The only way so far seems to be to disable sync at all then setup folder sync again.

Did anybody else encounter this problem and has found a solution?

Cheers, Yves

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Folder
Referrer: forum-search:sync with folder

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yvesluther!

The quickest way to force a sync is to switch to a different vault, and then back, if you have multiple vaults. Otherwise, you can lock and unlock 1Password :+1:

• yvesluther
    yvesluther
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana – thanks for the tipp. It works like a charm. Do you know at what intervals 1Passwords used to sync to a folder? I saw it often doesn’t sync for several days. Or is there any kind of automated trigger? Or maybe it is a bug I should file?

Thanks for any advice.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yvesluther:

I think you might have encountered a bug, which our developers addresses in the latest betas. Typically sync happens immediately after you make a change, but in 1Password for Mac 7.7 this might not happen in certain cases. If you are curious to see if the beta addressed this for you too, you can give it a try already:

Use 1Password beta releases

Otherwise, the fix should be included in the next stable version :)

This discussion has been closed.