business account user cannot get into desktop app after recovery.

User had lost master password. We did a recovery, then they were able to reset their master password and get into their user account online, but not able to get into their desktop app. Even tried resetting all data in the desktop app. I just will not accept the master password when attempting to connect to the company account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dbdevkctd,

I'll be happy to assist. If your user is able to sign in to their recently recovered account in their browser by entering their new sign-in details and Master Password, they should also be able to add their account within the 1Password app upon resetting it. It's important that they perform a full in-app reset using the exact steps in this article:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

After resetting the app, they can add their account to the 1Password desktop app within in their browser and sign in with their new Master Password:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

I do see that you already mentioned resetting all the data in the desktop app, though from your description it's certainly possible they may not have completed the process. I hope this helps and let me know if they're still having trouble after carefully following the steps above.

• dbdevkctd
    dbdevkctd
    Community Member

I've figured it out. Thank you!

• That's excellent to hear, @dbdevkctd.

Keep us posted if we can help with anything in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.