Amazon.ca - Not able to select value from state dropdown

Options

Hi Guys,

I have created 1 identity with British Columbia as state for my home address, but on amazon.ca, 1 password was not able to select state British Columbia, i have also tried using custom fields, but still no luck, any way i can sort this ?

I am using latest chrome extension on mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sigure!

1 password was not able to select state British Columbia

Can you please elaborate? What do you mean with this, where was 1Password not able to select that state?

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

Please find attached screenshot where state / province drop down of amazon's shipping address page, other than state 1 password filled other fields properly.

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

Please find attached screenshot where state / province drop down of amazon's shipping address page, other than state 1 password filled other fields properly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sigure ,

I tested this and things seem to work correctly when I autofill my address in Amazon's form: http://recordit.co/mIs7HMEk8I
    Here's what my identity item looks like:

I used 1Password 1.24.3 (beta) in my browser when I autofillied.

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron

Thanks for the reply !

I added the new beta extension 1.24.3 and tried, but still its not working, not sure what i am doing wrong.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sigure
    I removed the link to your video because it contained some real personal information.

I'd like you to try and create a new identity item and see if it works correctly:
    1. Open your 1Password.
    2. Click the PLUS icon and select "Identity" from the list of options.
    3. Give the new identity item a name, then fill in your details. Try to fill every field, as many as you can.
    4. Save it, then see if it autofills the state/province dropdown on Amazon.

Here's a screenshot of what the address field looks like in my item that works:

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_yaron - It worked now.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it :)

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron

Just wanted to let u know that u can possibly still reproduce this issue when adding a new shipping address from the checkout page, this works when I try to add a new address from my account > address page. but there is another way to add it.

1. Add item to cart
    2. Go to the last step of the checkout page
    3. click on change next to the shipping address and select add new shipping address from here, now try to auto-fill, here 1password won't fill state
  • ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update @sigure . :+1:

This discussion has been closed.