Where can I learn which type of account (Social Security, credit card, etc)?

Options
TheMarrs
TheMarrs
Community Member

i can’t get clear on which account type to use when adding an account manually.
Is there a tutorial?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TheMarrs!

We don't have a tutorial that shows you which category you should use when you add an item, because that is up to you, based on your preference. Do you have specific questions about certain categories perhaps?

• TheMarrs
    TheMarrs
    Community Member
    Options

The screens are different, which is a good thing once you really work with 1Password.
    However, there is a lot of trial/error/deleting when trying to learn how to add accounts.

If there was an overview page that showed the fields expanded, the false starts could be minimized.
    I understand that classifying accounts is up to the user, but it’s been a frustrating start for me, so probably for others as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TheMarrs:

Can you give us some examples of items that you are entering? We can give you some suggestions if we know what information you are currently adding :+1:

• TheMarrs
    TheMarrs
    Community Member
    Options

I think I see an easy way to do this now.
    Most accounts can go into the Login category.
    A few like Social Security, driver’s license are obvious and self explanatory.
    i think that is how I will proceed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @TheMarrs, let us know if there is anything we can do to help :+1:

And I would agree with you: most items would probably go in the Logins category, unless they clearly are something else (such as a credit card, or a social security number etc).

This discussion has been closed.