How does 1Password know my Master Password? I didn't enter it anywhere on my computer.

Options
Randy_Barnhart
Randy_Barnhart
Community Member

When I'm asked to enter my Master Password, 1Password doesn't accept it. But, I never entered my masterpassword anywhere when signing up for 1Password, so how would 1Password recognize it? What am I missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How does 1Password know my Master Password? I didn't enter it anywhere on my computer.

Comments

• Randy_Barnhart
    Randy_Barnhart
    Community Member
    Options

When the computer page asks me for my master password, I use what I wrote on the 1Password Emergency Kit page. But, I didn't enter that master password anywhere in the 1Password sign up. Therefore, my master password isn't recognized when I try using it to sign in

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:How does 1Password know my Master Password? I didn't enter it anywhere on my computer.

• Randy_Barnhart
    Randy_Barnhart
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Randy_Barnhart! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you are already in touch with my colleague Karen via email, and I confirm we have received all your latest emails. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the discussion over there :+1:

ref: AIK-43111-764

This discussion has been closed.