1Password iPhone app doesn't recognize master password or Google Authenticator code

eecamp
eecamp
Community Member

I got 1Password over the weekend and was originally loving it, especially the syncing between my Mac and my iPhone.

However, after setting up 2FA via Google Authenticator yesterday, I've been having issues. Whenever I try to authorize my iPhone app, it tells me to put in the code. I'll put in the code from Google Authenticator (and yes, I make sure it's my 1Password authentication code and yes I make sure I get it in before the time runs out) and it will keep failing. The app will then after a few tries tell me to put in my master password. I made the master password on Saturday so I 100% remember it correctly and I'll type it in super carefully but the app keeps telling me I'm wrong.

I'm scared to get locked out so for now I have no syncing between my phone and my Mac. Does anyone know why this is happening? This is a really big problem and if it's not resolved I'm bummed to think I'll have to re-do all of this with a different password manager.

[And note that my password and the Google Authenticator codes work with the app and the Chrome extension]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eecamp! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.