Complete removal of a previous version

Options
roland_st
roland_st
Community Member

Hi
In my former job I have installed 1Password on my MacBook Pro (Business). Now I have left the company and logged out of 1Password and uninstalled the program.
On the same computer I have now installed my own 1Password. Unfortunately, I can not open the program, because the old version of my old company is always loaded. In the program window "Settings" the button in the lower left corner is inactive to add a new user. Also in the Email Address window I can't overwrite the old address.
Does anyone have an idea how I can delete the old user data completely so that I can install the new version correctly?
Thank you very much for the help. Roland

1Password Version: 1Password 7.7
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: MacOS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @roland_st

It sounds like you'll need to reset the app to use the new credentials to log in. If that's the case, here are the steps needed.

• This will reset all data on the Mac and allow you to set it up anew. This will not affect the data you have stored in your membership. Please make sure your data is available on 1Password.com, and you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.
    1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

3. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

4. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your data in Dropbox, iCloud or a membership. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

5. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select the 1Password.com option, sign in to your account. * If you see the option for signing into your old account, please use the section to sign into a different account.
  • roland_st
    roland_st
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. Everything worked great. Best, Roland

• Thanks for keeping us updated. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.