How can I force a sync?

Options
gct3o
gct3o
Community Member

I added a login to 1Password on my iPad. I then try to access this login from my Mac and the login is not present in the password database on the Mac even though it still exists on the iPad and online. I tried to get the app to synchronize but I could find no way to force this to happen. After about 15 minutes the login was finally synchronized. This happened to me yesterday on my iMac Pro and today on my M1 MacBook Pro.

Is there some way to get the app to sync that I have missed?

If not please consider adding such a feature!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @gct3o

From all of the reports we have received, switching vaults and then back to the original vault will result in syncing. Could you give that a shot and let me know how it goes? I have added your report to those who have experienced this behavior.

Alternatively, if you have a single vault, you can try quitting 1Password completely on the Mac.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

There is a working fix within the current beta (release candidate) and hopefully the wait will not be long.

This discussion has been closed.