2»

Comments

• bencox76
    bencox76
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Two things:
    - I have to type my password dozens of times each day because when I hit Cmd-Shift-X it doesn't offer me a Touch ID option... this is a huge pain!
    - I'm still reticent to EVER update 1Password because it seems like I can never get this working smoothly again in Chrome without some big rain dance. Once it finally does start working again I never know which of all the steps I took actually was the tipping point for this.

Right now, I have not updated 1Password in a long time but Chrome recently updated itself. Now the desktop menubar item is saying "Install the 1Password extension in Chrome....". But the keyboard shortcut Cmd-Shift-X still works, I just have to type my password over and over and over all day.

Is there some crystal clear guideline to how to get this stuff working reliably and consistently without having to maintain it each and every step of the way?

• Hey @bencox76:

It sounds like the connection between 1Password for Mac and 1Password in Chrome might not be working as expected. To take a closer look at what could be going on here, I'd like to ask you to collect a few pieces of diagnostic information.

First, follow the steps here to collect a console log from 1Password in Chrome: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Second, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics report, and the console log created to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• norrisjeremy
    norrisjeremy
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, a year later and this new extension still can't correctly use Touch ID. What will it take to get this functionality that used to work in the old extension working again???

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @norrisjeremy I replied to the other comment that you left regarding this. Let's keep the conversation in the other thread so that we can help more efficiently.

This discussion has been closed.