Attachments

cage123au
cage123au
Community Member

Hi all, new user to 1Password 7 as of today. Decided to ditch 1Password 6 and get up to date.

OK, so I have looked back and not seen this addressed since about May 2020 in the community, so I am hoping there is now a way forward.

In 1PW6 I was able to just drag an image/attachment directly into a New Item, I cannot see how do this in 1PW7. Surely there must be a way to attach items to an entry. It was so easy in 1PW6.

I do realise first and foremost this is a password manager and NOT a document manager, but still, why get rid of what was a great feature of 1PW6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• @cage123au

In 1Password 7, attachments were promoted to full citizens. They no longer exist in their former form. Instead, they live now as documents and appear in their own section within the sidebar of 1Password 7.

Save important files in 1Password

• cage123au
    cage123au
    Community Member

OK, I see now, that is quite a change. Not ideal for me, but I'm just one of many in the scheme of things. It was a LOT more convenient to have the attachments associated with the entry in the entry than to have to go searching in the documents for the right one, but it is what it is.

Thanks Tommy. May as well close this, if that is how it is done.

• You're welcome. If you locate your entry you should see a section like this that will open the desired document. Hopefully that will save you some searching. :)

This discussion has been closed.