Cannot save new login on Android

Options
HarinGrewal
HarinGrewal
Community Member

If I click the + to create a new login on Android and save it, the login does not appear in my list of logins either on the Android or on the desktop.

Only when I create it on the desktop, do I see it on both devices. This has been a problem especially when I have generated a password on the android and wish to save it immediately.

This has happened consistently several times now. Not sure if it is my setup, or if it is a known issue to create new logins using Android.

1Password Version: 7.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• HarinGrewal
    HarinGrewal
    Community Member
    Options

Just upgraded to Android version 7.7.4 and had the same issue, so decided to check if it was some setting.
    Apparently, entries I create on my android were going to my "Personal" vault instead of the default one in my "Family account".

Had to uncheck Personal from All Vaults, and now it works correctly and syncs across my family account on all devices.
    Still not clear what the Personal Vault is doing there as I had moved my logins to a family subscription now.

• peri
    Options

Hi @HarinGrewal. The Personal vault is a default vault created with a 1Password account. It sounds like your default vault for saving was not included in All Vaults.

In addition to the Personal vault, you should have a Shared vault with a family account, but you may also have a Primary vault. If you have a Primary vault, that's your old, standalone vault, and it doesn't sync through 1Password.com.

Can you let me know if the data is being saved to a Primary vault?

• HarinGrewal
    HarinGrewal
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I should have said Primary - not Personal. Android was saving to Primary, and it wasn't showing in my logins.

• ag_audrey
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @HarinGrewal, thank you for the confirmation.

1Password is extremely conservative with your data, so we did not override your data when you migrated from your standalone Primary Vault to your Family account.

Your next step will be to move everything that is not in your account from your Primary Vault to your Personal Vault: https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/?android#move-or-copy-items-in-the-apps.

You can confirm that your data has been successfully migrated by going to 1Password.com or checking one of your other 1Password apps. You can then delete your Primary Vault to avoid confusion and duplicates by going to your 1Password app > Settings > Advanced > Delete Primary Vault.

Let us know how that goes!

• HarinGrewal
    HarinGrewal
    Community Member
    Options

Have checked that all items in my Primary vault were already in my Personal vault (except the couple of new ones I tried to add on the phone, which I have now added to my primary vault).

However, I can't delete the Primary vault. It asks for the Master password and then keeps saying that it is wrong.

• HarinGrewal
    HarinGrewal
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Fixed it.
    Apparently I needed the OLD master password for my former standalone account FIRST. (Good thing I still remembered it).
    Then it asked for my CURRENT master password for the family account.
    The vault is now deleted.

• ag_audrey
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @HarinGrewal, thank you so much for the update. I'm glad you were able to successfully remove your Primary Vault on your Android device! If you have any Primary Vaults on your other devices, be sure to remove those too.

Otherwise, let us know if there's anything else we can help you with :)

This discussion has been closed.