1Password browser extension Chrome vs Edge

Options
paddyshack
paddyshack
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

The 1Pasword browser extension in Chrome has an option to keep it open after Chrome is closed. Works great! Why can't this hold true for Edge as well. Aggravating to keep entering Master Password. And I don't like keeping browser open all the time. I'm sure someone else has asked this, but I can't find the answer in this community site?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @paddyshack

I think you might be using two different versions of the extensions. Each with different properties and features. Can you tell me which version you are using in each browser. I suspect you'll find 4.7.5.90 in the Chrome browser and 1.23.1 in the Edge browser.

• paddyshack
    paddyshack
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. Both browsers are using version 1.23.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@paddyshack:

Version 1.23.1 of the browser extension for Edge cannot be kept open after the browser is closed. Can you post a screenshot of your browser extension settings in Edge?

• paddyshack
    paddyshack
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. Digging on my own, I have to disagree with you since I have resolved the issue and now I can close and open Edge while 1Password remains open. No more master password requirement each time I open Edge. And, again, it is version 1.23.1. In Edge settings, I used the same option available in Chrome, that being, "leave background apps running when closing Chrome/Edge. Let me know if you need more info.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update @paddyshack ,

This option will basically keep the browser running even if you close it, so that's basically like leaving the browser open :)
    You might also want to change 1Password's auto-lock settings and change its timer as you see fit:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Adjust the auto-lock timer as you'd like.
This discussion has been closed.