Chrome extension not recognized

Options
Brandon Metcalf
Brandon Metcalf
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I'm running 1password 7 and I have the chrome extension installed and the extension icon is visible and clickable. However, if I hit command + backslash, I get a popup asking me to install the extension. If I click on "Add 1password ..." it takes me to a window that shows the extension is active. Why does chrome think it's not installed?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: os x 10.15.7
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey there @Brandon Metcalf, thanks for reaching out! Our newest 1Password in the Browser extension does not communicate with the 1Password app at this time, and that is why you're seeing that message with the command + backslash shortcut. The good news is that our developers are indeed working on integrating the new extension and the app; hopefully we'll have a great solution for you in the future.

We do have the classic extension available which would work with that shortcut that you're familiar with. However, the classic extension does not have an inline menu to help with saving/filling logins. It also will no longer be receiving development updates going forward. For those reasons, my best recommendation is to stick with our newer 1Password extension and unlock it from your browser for use.

To find and/or set the shortcuts for 1Password in the browser, click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, click on the gear icon, click on Settings, and scroll down to shortcuts. As mentioned 1Password in the Browser will have to be unlocked separately from the app at this time. However, once it's unlocked, you should be able to open/fill your logins with the shortcuts from the mentioned settings so that your workflow is still smooth and efficient.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.