Version 7.8 doesn't work properly

Options
martinliss
martinliss
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

As I've reported previously several times, updates to 1Password never work for me. Both the main app and the mini both show version 7.8 and in the main app I can see my logins, but double-clicking or "Open and fill"-ing the login doesn't take me anywhere and there's no response at all when I click the mini. I force quit the main app and restarted it but it did not help.

What should I do?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 7.8
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Version 7.8 doesn't work properly

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@martinliss

Are you using 1Password on the browser and the mini? Currently there is no interconnect between the two. Presently they could be considered two separate apps. Hopefully, that will be resolved in a future update, and the functionality you are asking about will work.

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1Password from the App store on my Mac and the mini in Safari.

Currently as I said in my question, neither one works.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

Sure, understood. :) What browser extension are you using? I'm wondering if Safari is holding onto an outdated copy of the extension?

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Safari 14.0.3 and when I right-click on the mini and go to Manage Extensions it says 1Password 7.8.

• no response at all when I click the mini. I force quit the main app and restarted it but it did not help.

Have you given the Mac a restart? or a logout and back in? That may help. If I read your statement correctly all you were able to restart was the main app.

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

I will restart and get back to uou, but understand that while iPassword on my mac opens, it doesn't function properly. I can see my logins, but double-clicking or "Open and fill"-ing the login doesn't take me anywhere.

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

They both work properly now. Thank you.

• @martinliss

Gotcha. If I click on a link in 1Password the page opens in my browser and fills the desired login. For example I click on AA.com in 1Password. Safari opens and fills my login information.

This discussion has been closed.