MAS update fails

Options
Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member

What can I do to update 1P to the latest version available in the Mac App Store, please?

I have 'Quit 1Password Completely' from the 1P Preferences; and still get the MAS error when I try to Update 1P:

Unable to Download App. '1Password 7' could not be installed. Please try again later.

:-(

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: n/r

Comments

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

• Hey @Mark Sealey

Make sure the 1Password mini is quit in the menubar and also Safari. The update should continue.

If not, you can use the following steps to replace the app with the new version.

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Download 1Password from the Mac App Store.
    6. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
  • Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_tommy!

I was able to get it to download/update after another half a dozen tries.

It does seen particularly finicky… not Agile's fault; probably security at the MAS.

But I no longer look forward to updates; which is not how it should be for such a wonderful piece of software :-)

• @Mark Sealey

That does not sound like fun. If it continues, you could always switch to the website version of 1Password and skip any troubles.

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thanks, @ag_tommy - I'll do that if it happens again. Your help appreciated!

• Any time! :)

This discussion has been closed.