Generate Password from Extension/Application

Options
gaza1994
gaza1994
Community Member

This is either a feature request or a cry for help on how to do it 😂

Basically what i want is a way to manually generate a password (im aware i get the popup that generates one for me when registering for an account etc) - but, lets say i need a secure password to copy paste into a router password field or something ... something 1password doesnt recognise .... can we have a button, or some kinda of clickable thing that will generate a password and stick it on the clipboard or something?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

@gaza1994 Have you found the password generator? When using 1Password in the browser (formerly known as 1Password X) click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar, then click on the large '+' symbol in the circle and select Password Generator. Here you can generate passwords according to a number of pre-defined recipes, tweak those recipes, edit the resultant password and copy it to the clipboard. You can also choose the default recipe for the Suggested Passwords pop-up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gaza1994:

If you are indeed using the version of 1Password in the browser that missingbits is referring to, those are the correct instructions :) Here are also a couple of screenshots for confirmation:

• gaza1994
    gaza1994
    Community Member
    Options

@missingbits @ag_ana thank you both

@ag_ana May i suggest a better location? I would never have found that there without asking 😂

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@gaza1994 Glad that helped. I completely agree. I made a related point myself in the thread below:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/591783#Comment_591783

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely, thank you for the feedback @gaza1994 :)

This discussion has been closed.