chrome extension not using finger print sensor nor Apple Watch to sign in...

Options
LRS
LRS
Community Member

Hi,
I am using 1Passwort 7.8 and chrome extension 1.23.1 (extension got updated today). Before I was able to use the finger print sensor and my Apple Watch to open the tresor, now I am required to enter my master password every time to unlock use the extension. I still can open the app with both, but in the browser it is not working anymore...

Any advise?

Thanks,
Lars

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Mac OS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LRS! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please download the classic extension and see if that works for you?

Get the 1Password classic extension

I think you not only upgraded the desktop app, but you also switched the browser extension, so I wonder if the classic extension is the one you would like to use.

• LRS
    LRS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,

yes, this is working. It displays the dialog for the finger print sensor and I can unlock it with my watch...

The new extension is only asking for the master password...

Regards,
    Lars

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good to hear @LRS, I am glad I could help :+1: If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

This feature should come to the new extension soon too, by the way.

Have a wonderful day :)

• LRS
    LRS
    Community Member
    Options

okay, so currently it is not a bug or something wrong in my setup of the new extension, but it is just not possible to unlock the new extension by finger print or watch?

I like the new extension, but without these options for un-locking, it is lamost useless, as my master password is long...

• rudy
    Options

@LRS,

It is not possible to unlock the new extension by finger print or watch at this time.

This discussion has been closed.