1PW password repeatedly required for IOS app logons - why not Face ID?

josephwit
josephwit
Community Member

On my iPhone 12 Pro, clicking on a login field in an IOS app, which 1PW should offer to fill, instead usually makes me re-enter my long 1PW password before I can access its database, even though I have entered it recently, have Face ID enabled, auto-lock off, etc. I usually have to open the 1PW app and copy and paste. (Face ID works accessing the 1PW app itself - but not when filling in logins within iOS apps.) On my iPad where it asks me for Touch ID, the iPhone should ask for Face ID, but it rarely does. Happens less often logging into sites in Safari browser, but sometimes there too. Apple Watch for 1PW access on iMac is awesome - accessing 1PW on iPhone is a pain! Is there a solution?

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: -
OS Version: iOS 14.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @josephwit!

Once you unlock the main 1Password app with Face ID once, the autofill extension to fill credentials in apps should also be unlocked with Face ID.

When you are prompted for your Master Password in the autofill extension, do you see the Face ID button below the Master Password field, or is that missing completely?

This discussion has been closed.