No prompt notification to save password after login

Hello,

I am new to the ecosystem, just jumped from LastPass and I 've been trying to figure out why I am not getting any prompts or notifications from the 1password browser extension to save my logins.

Since I imported all my items from LastPass, I did not have the opportunity to see how 1password behaves when saving a new login, these few days I have been using it.
But I just logged in to http://192.168.1.1/ (my router's page) that was not saved in 1password and no prompt/notification for saving it to my vault. I logged out to try again, still no suggestion from 1password.

I 've started googling to see if I have set up something wrong without any luck. I cannot find a clear answer if 1password supports saving usernames/passwords after logging in to a site. I have read threads that hinted

• that MACs don't support this,
  • other threads talk about a legacy web browser extension that has this functionality
  • and others about a combination of the desktop 1password app and the browser extension.

Why is this so difficult? The password manager of the browser even has a toggle offering you to save passwords. LastPass also had this.
Something so trivial should be as easy as an on/off toggle. Nevertheless, I cannot find an option or information on how to do this on 1password. I even watched your video that shows an even weirder combination of saving passwords using the desktop app and browser extension
https://youtu.be/y6uPNnlwP1g?t=94

Troubleshooting:

• I am using Microsoft Edge Version 89.0.774.50 (Official build) (64-bit)
  • 1password browser extension 1.23.1
  • Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909
  • 1password desktop app installed (although I don't see why I would need to have the desktop app for this functionality)
  • I have 1password EU account if that makes any difference.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:No prompt notification to save password after login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021

Hi @perisdr!

Our extensions expert Yaron wrote about this recently in this post. I believe that answers addresses all your questions, can you please take a look and see if that helps?

In summary, the new extension cannot do this at the moment, but we are aware of the request, so this might come one day. The classic extension did support this though, so you can also download that one if you prefer:

Get the 1Password classic extension

This discussion has been closed.