Shortcut keys and Extension problems after latest upgrade

Options
sdkorders
sdkorders
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

1Pwd has been great for YEARS for me and now all of a sudden I started work one day and it forced me to reinstall the browser plugins even though the plugin was already installed.. So I said OK and reinstalled them and now my old shortcut key is broken (command + \ ) and the extension is asking me to login even when 1password and 1password mini are working as expected and logged in.

What did you guys do in this latest update that de-linked and broke everything for me? I now have to use command + . in order to use it in a browser. This is not very cool that such a massive change happened and there was no warning or info about it I could find.

:(

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: 1password teams

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdkorders!

Can you please download the classic extension and see if that works for you?

Get the 1Password classic extension

I think you might have replaced the extension you are used to with the latest 1Password in the browser extension.

• sdkorders
    sdkorders
    Community Member
    Options

lol, how many products are you guys intermingling now? and why did 1pwd force me to reinstall? Are you guys migrating to a new app or something?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sdkorders:

At the moment we have two browser extensions, but I imagine we will have only one in the future. And I don't believe there is any way to go from the old one to the new one without explicitly installing the new one. But if you did that by mistake, you can certainly install the classic extension once again :+1:

• sdkorders
    sdkorders
    Community Member
    Options

1password mini the other day just told me the browser extension wasn't installed, so I reinstalled it and got the new one. really odd.

anyway, thanks for reply ag_ana!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to hear all is well now @sdkorders :+1:

This discussion has been closed.