Is there a shortcut to fill forms (in Chrome browser)?

I've just moved to 1Password from LastPass. A feature that I really enjoyed with the LastPass extension on Chrome was "default form fill", which allowed me to assign a specific identity as my "default" and, best of all, fill in forms with that identity with a keyboard shortcut! I didn't have to open the extension or open the vault; all I had to do was press Alt + Up Arrow and forms would be automatically filled! Is there a similar feature available in 1Password? I find it too cumbersome to open the extension, then search for the Identity, then click Autofill (especially for short forms, like when I just need to enter my email address).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:form fill shortcut

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LPRefugee , welcome to 1Password! :chuffed:

1Password should automatically show up inside email fields and suggest your identities (assuming you are using "1Password in the browser").

We do not have a specific keyboard shortcut to autofill. The shortcuts that are available are mainly to operate the extension itself:

• In Chromium based browsers, CMD+SHIFT+X / CTRL+SHIFT+X to open the popup from the top right corner of the browser.
    • In Firefox, CMD+. / CTRL+. to open the popup from the top right corner of the browser.
    • CMD+SHIFT+L / CTRL+SHIFT+L to lock 1Password.

You can find the rest of the shortcuts here.

In addition, I recommend you mark your most used identity item as a favorite, so it would always show up first, which will make things a lot faster and easier if you have a bunch of identity items. Find your identity item in the extension and click the star icon at the bottom of its details to mark it as a favorite.

• LPRefugee
    LPRefugee
    Community Member

Thanks. Any plans for an autofill keyboard shortcut in the future?

I should have stated that I was conducting my test on a Google form that I created. While 1Password does not automatically show up inside the email field on the Google form, I see it does, like you say, show up in the email field on other websites.

Now I'm having an issue with **Birthday **fields getting recognized/filled. I have not been able to get 1Password to fill in a single birthday field, having tested several sites, including major sites such as Facebook and Snapchat. I've even added custom birthday fields to my identity using various formats, but that hasn't helped. Any tricks to getting birthday / DOB fields to properly fill?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LPRefugee ,

Thanks. Any plans for an autofill keyboard shortcut in the future?

We're looking into it. Perhaps it will be possible when we integrate the extension with the desktop app.

Any tricks to getting birthday / DOB fields to properly fill?

Can you send me a link or guide me towards such a form where your identity item did not fill in your birth date?

• LPRefugee
    LPRefugee
    Community Member

Here are two examples of big name sites where I cannot get 1Password to fill in birth dates:

https://www.facebook.com/r.php

https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/signup?continue=https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/welcome.

As I mentioned I also created a custom Google form to test out 1Password's form filling capabilities. In that form, I have multiple fields for birth date with various names, including "Birthday", "Date of Birth", "DOB", and "Birth Date." Using an Identity that contains a birth date value in the default birth date field, 1Password did not accurately fill in any of the Google form's birth date fields. Here is a link to that Google form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe6m0MISddN3_DcbX47N1DWaDl4bLs3uK170pQ6QR6C0UetiA/viewform

Hope that helps.

• Hi @LPRefugee. Our filling brain doesn't currently have good support for filling birthdates. We've opened an issue internally to investigate further into how we might implement better support in the future. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#5923

This discussion has been closed.