chrome classic extension mac 7.8 fill additional form

Options
zeromode
zeromode
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Filling in an additional form field "passwd1" on a Citrix Netscaler Gatway login page did not work any more using 1Password extension (desktop app required) on Chrome Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (x86_64) and 1Password 7 for Mac.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800000) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:chrome classic extension mac 7.8 fill additional form

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zeromode!

Can you share a URL for this page, so we can test it too? Thank you!

• zeromode
    zeromode
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana.

This is the login page: https://cwa.esprit-netzwerk.ch/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

@zeromode:

Thank you! Can you try creating a new Login item for this website, and see if the new one works? I wonder if something actually changed on the page itself instead. Here are the instruction to do this directly in the browser:

Use the 1Password classic extension to save a login manually in your browser

• zeromode
    zeromode
    Community Member
    Options

I did this already, yet then only the "passwd1" id (with label "RSA Pin + Token:") got saved as password. And the password field (id passwd) is ignored.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zeromode ,

I'm not able to access this website since it blocks me out, but please try this:

1. Get to the login page and fill in your username and the id passwd field.
    2. Leave the passwd1 field empty, then save it as a new login.
    3. Check if the new login autofills the id passwd field correctly.
    4. If it does, open your 1Password, edit the login item for this website, select an empty label under the website URL and name it "passwd1", then input your password under it.
    5. Change the field's type from "Text" to "Password", then hit the Save button to save your changes.
    6. Test and see if autofilling works on both fields now.

If it doesn't work, I'd suggest testing it with our newer 1Password in the browser: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

• zeromode
    zeromode
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron,

I did your proposed steps exactly. I can confirm that the password field gets filled in correctly.

Yet the passwd1 field ist not filled.
    I tried as well to change the "WEB FORM DETAILS" and add it there too, but without success.

It seems to me since the upgrade from 7.7 to 7.8 this second "password" is not passed over correctly to the browser/1password extension any more. On the Safari Browser its the same. Might be a bug?

Regarding the "new 1Passsword" for the browser: This not working with my iCloud vaults. So this is not an option for me.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

I see, thanks for trying @zeromode .

In this case, the best thing to do is to send us some details from the page so we can forward it to our developers. Here's how:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Get to the login page of this website.
    3. Click the 1Password icon next to Safari's address bar to open 1Password.
    4. Click the grey gear icon on the top right corner and select "Request page JSON".
    5. Copy everything in the new tab that opens, paste it into a new text file and send us that text file to support+extensions@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this discussion here :)
This discussion has been closed.