How to enable Touch ID in new Chrome extension?

The new Chrome extension surprised me, but I have it installed now and working. But, I've looked all around, in settings preferences and on the site, and I can not seem to find any instructions on how to enable my Touch ID, which was working previously. Touch ID is working on the desktop app, but not the extension. Any ideas?

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Chrome Version 89.0.4389.82
1Password extension: 1.23.1

Thanks,
Don

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DonInSF!

Touch ID integration was temporarily removed from the new extension while our developers work on replacing it with something that works even better. Please see this announcement here in the forum for all the details:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

If you would like to already use Touch ID to unlock the extension, you can download the classic extension for now:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• DonInSF
    DonInSF
    Community Member

Got it! Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @DonInSF! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• DonInSF
    DonInSF
    Community Member

Sorry to say @ag_ana, but I can't get the classic chrome browser extension to work at all now. It says the desk top app is required, which I do have installed and unlocked. I've restarted the browsers and the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DonInSF:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? I ask because restarting the app might not have actually restarted everything ;)

• DonInSF
    DonInSF
    Community Member

Yes, that was it exactly. I saw the mini was running, but also not working.

Classic Chrome extension is working now, and also with touchID enabled.

Great support, thank you!

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.