Can a login item be restricted to a particular subdomain for autofill purposes?

Options
wj1pfan
wj1pfan
Community Member

Assume the following fictional example:

1. I have logins at company.com and support.company.com.
  2. Each of these uses the same username, but a different password.

How can I make 1Password offer the respective logins only on their own site, rather than both logins being offered for both sites?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wj1pfan

This isn't something that is currently possible. The idea of building such a feature has been vetted but unfortunately it was decided that the additional complexity it would add to the product outweighed the utility of the feature. As such we do not currently have plans for such an offering. I'm sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer to share at this time.

Ben

• wj1pfan
    wj1pfan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

That is sad news indeed. Some feedback: Especially because I would envision retaining existing behavior as the default, with customization merely possible for those who need or want it, therefore no change or confusing new options would be forced upon any user, and the feature could stay completely out of the way until the user decides to go looking for it in edit mode (as I did). Such an arrangement would not add any complexity to the product, so I hope the decision is eventually revisited with this approach in mind.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @wj1pfan! I have passed it to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• SimbaOne
    SimbaOne
    Community Member
    Options

May I please raise my hand for this feature too? We have several systems at work utilizing the same domain but with different subdomains. It would make autofill so much easier if we could turn on an option to match the subdomain on autofill.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SimbaOne:

May I please raise my hand for this feature too?

Certainly, noted :+1:

• wj1pfan
    wj1pfan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @wj1pfan :)