Autofill doesn't autofill from mini.

Options
Canuckeh
Canuckeh
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've not been able to autofill in Chrome or Safari. I can click taskbar and go to site from there, but it doesn't autofill when I click. I can go to website, 1P recognizes it, but clicking Autofill doesn't do anything.
In Chrome I've deleted the extension and reinstalled.
In Safari I've turned off Privacy permissions, and turned them on. I've restarted my MBP. I turned off login items and started manually. I shut down MBP.
One time it filled my username, but not password.
Trying to log into a page that I know I have the login saved It doesn't 'see' it. I search 1P for, find and click, and it doesn't do a thing. It wouldn't even recognize trying to Log into 1P automatically.
Sometimes, when I put in my username it suggests a new password!
All I can do is copy and paste, back and forth..... Any of the buttons don't do a thing whether it says 'GO' or 'Autofill'
It's been happening since before 7.8 but it's getting worse and I'm stumped/frustrated and I've tried everything suggested.
Don't even get me started on the crazy boxes popping up on every login (from 7.7?) that obscures the login in button or won't let me scroll to a second login I may have for that page. Those are driving me around the bend. I read how to turn them off but that killed all functionality, period. So that's not a solution....please help!
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Chrome 1.23.1, Safari updated
OS Version: 11.2.3 MacOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@Canuckeh

You mentioned the mini and Chrome, You also indicated that you have 1Password in the browser installed, not our classic extension. It does not integrate directly with the Mac app and the mini, where the classic extension does. The newer extension is capable of working independently without the Mac app.

1Password (X) in the browser has its own pop-up for suggestions within the browser. That being Shift + Command + X. Can you try usign that and see if you experience better results.

--

The options for the inline menu are as follows. I personally use option # 2 for the best of both worlds while using Safari.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

If you should need or want to switch to the classic extension it can be found here. Get the 1Password classic extension

• Canuckeh
    Canuckeh
    Community Member
    Options

Safari: I turned off the 'inline menu' option and it is better. About 30% fails to respond at all and I must copy and paste passwords.

Chrome: How do I turn off the Inline Menu for Chrome?? It would be better without it.
    Extension and Chrome uninstalled. Restart, chrome and extension reinstalled.
    I go to site with login. Click Ext icon. 1P always recognizes the page we are on and the login details appear. Click Autofill.
    Sometimes my username is applied, but no password. Sometimes my user is applied and the inline menu suggests a new password and offers to save it, as if one doesn't already exist. Sometimes nothing happens.
    When my username does appear, I click on inline menu to add password and nothing happens, even though there are dots in that field.
    The only way to fill password is to copy it from the extension drop down.
    Super frustrating since I guess 7.7. I don't normally check. It has just worked for so long!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Canuckeh ,

What you are describing sounds like autofilling issues with a particular website(s). Care to share the login page's link here so we can investigate them for you and see if we can get them to autofill both fields?

If you'd like to revert back to 1Password Classic in Chrome, you can: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
    But I do recommend sticking to the new 1Password in the browser and working with us on getting your login items to autofill on your websites :)

• Canuckeh
    Canuckeh
    Community Member
    Options

It's not definable by a particular site. It's mostly a random response for all sites. The one that consistently fails to complete is https://WPA.org.uk from 1P mini I search for WPA, then click Autofill. Page loads and Username is filled, but no password. It does not matte from here whether I go back to Mini to click GO to fill password, or to browser extension to click GO, nothing happens. Pwd must be copied. This behaviour is identical on Chrome or Safari and it just started a week (2?) ago.I only use the site sporadically, but at the moment it's multiple times a day.
    I did reinstall the classic I don't use Chrome much, but on the other site I use multiple times a day - https://educationhub.gai.org.uk/Security/Login.aspx - the identical behaviour. From a Favourite, it loads the site, browser 1P to autofill fills my username only. relic won't fill my password. If I load page from favourites and click in the username box it brings up the inline menu where I click the 1P icon and fills pwd. Click on pwd box, 1P icon does nothing. Randomly in this situation I click on username box and it tells me to unlock 1P, which I know is already unlocked from a previous attempt on the same page. Then, it repeats this behaviour until I close Chrome and clear my history.....

• Hey @Canuckeh. Let's pick one extension and one browser to focus on to make sure we're on the same page, troubleshooting the same thing. It sounds like in Chrome you have both the new and classic extensions installed — ultimately which would you like to use?

• Canuckeh
    Canuckeh
    Community Member
    Options

In Chrome the only icon I have is at the end of the address bar. I had uninstalled and reinstalled as suggested previously.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @Canuckeh ,

That doesn't tell us which extension you ended up with. Can you please check which version is the extension and write it here so we can guide you further? Alternatively, take a screenshot of the top right area of your Chrome and post it here so we can see which extenison is it.

This discussion has been closed.