Am I able to download a copy of all my password for hard copy and fire safe storage?

Options
landru1701
landru1701
Community Member

I need to download my password file so a hardcopy can be printed and placed in a fire safe. Is this possible? How difficult is it to do?
Haven't bought the subscription and am doing research.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:download password file

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@landru1701 You can export to CSV and print this out, but a hard copy soon gets out of date and printing one feels unnecessary. 1Password keeps encrypted copies of your password database on its servers and on all your devices. They also take responsiblity for backing up their servers.
    What are the main risks that concern you? Is it data loss? Loss of access? Or are you concerned about giving family members access if you're unavailable?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community, @landru1701! I am just going to second what missingbits already said, particularly the portion about "hard" copies getting stale very quickly. As soon as you add a new item, change or delete anything, that's no longer accurate/current. So unless you plan to re-print your hard copy every time you make any changes (or even of a fixed schedule like once a week or once a month), it's not only insecure, it's increasingly inaccurate with the passing of time. What are you trying to accomplish by printing out your 1Password data?

This discussion has been closed.