Watchtower "Vulnerable Passwords" not working?

Options
Manorake
Manorake
Community Member

1Password shows zero entries under this category in the Mac application, whereas there are entries in the web version. Could it be, that it is not correctly working?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: App

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Manorake!

Is Watchtower enabled in your 1Password for Mac app, under Preferences > Watchtower tab?

• Manorake
    Manorake
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana
    Yes, it is enabled. I see some entries in the categories... Now I have 2 entries in "Vulnerable Passwords" on the mac vs. 3 in the web version....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the checking @Manorake! There are still some differences in the way different platforms count Watchtower items, but the good news is that our developers are working on making sure all of them show the same items. Hopefully this will come soon :)

• Manorake
    Manorake
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    Thanks a lot. However, the question arise why should someone opt for 1Password when Watchtower is not working as desired. Weak and vulnerable passwords are not correctly displayed and no notification sent in case of new issues discovered. To the point, we can also use other services or an Excel list to have a better overview instead...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manorake:

However, the question arise why should someone opt for 1Password when Watchtower is not working as desired.

I think it's because Watchtower is just one of the features of 1Password, it's not the whole of it. You could certainly use an Excel list for this, but in that case you would have no notifications at all, and your data would not be encrypted.

• Manorake
    Manorake
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    This was more a rhetorical thing... May be the questions are what is added value and what basic expectation for a service. And what the differentiation to competitors..but that would blow the discussion here.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @Manorake, thank you for the clarification :+1: As I wrote above, our developers are working on this to keep improving Watchtower, so every feedback is very useful :)

This discussion has been closed.