1Password in a new computer

Options
jdbahng
jdbahng
Community Member

when I buy a new computer, can I just "migrate" 1Password from the old one to the new one?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when I buy a new computer, can I just "migrate" 1Password from the old one to the new one?

Comments

• @jdbahng

Are you presently syncing your data? I use a 1password.com membership and install 1Password and sign in with my account credentials and a new set of data is downloaded. You may be in a different situation. Please let us know more about your setup.

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds like you just install 1Password in a new computer without worrying about the old computer. Is that correct?
    Yes, I do use iCloud to sync, so I suppose if I install 1Password onto my new computer and then sync with iCloud, all will be OK.
    Thanks for your help

• Ben
    Options

If you are getting rid of the old computer Apple has a guide on how to best do that:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Yes, I do use iCloud to sync, so I suppose if I install 1Password onto my new computer and then sync with iCloud, all will be OK.

We'd highly recommend a 1Password membership as not only do you get the latest versions of 1Password, but you also get hassle free sync built-in. Once set up with a membership all you have to do when getting a new device is download the app and sign into your 1Password account:

About 1Password membership

If you'd like to try sticking with iCloud for now, then you can find instructions for that here. I hope that helps!

Ben

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @jdbahng! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.