On macOS, the "Go" button does not work in a fresh Firefox private browsing window

Steps to Reproduce:
1. On computer running macOS, open Firefox.
2. Open a fresh private browsing window (Command+Shift+P).
3. Click on the toolbar icon for 1Password.
4. Type in the password.
5. Search for a site that is configured correctly such that the "Go" button ought to navigate to that website and enter my credentials.
6. Click the "Go" button.

Expected results:
The private browsing window navigates to the website and my credentials are entered.

Actual results:
Nothing happens

Side note: I originally planned to ask for a status update here, but it seems that I cannot because, for some reason, the discussion has been closed. I am a bit frustrated that the discussion was closed without any stated reason.

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bytesized ,
    Thanks for bringing this issue up.

I tested things with our latest 1Password in the browser and it seems to be working well in Firefox's private browsing window, so the issue seems to be fixed there. Care to give it a try?

• bytesized
    bytesized
    Community Member

I tried it before I posted this. I wrote those steps as I was doing them to make sure I was getting them exactly right. Just to be extra sure, I just tried it again, and the bug continues to reproduce.

Note that this bug only reproduces in a private browsing window that has not yet navigated to any URL. It also only reproduces on macOS. I tried it on Windows and it seems to work fine there.

I'm using Firefox 86.0.1 (64-bit) and 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800000)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bytesized:

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using?

• bytesized
    bytesized
    Community Member

1Password extension (desktop app required)
    Version 4.7.5.90

• @bytesized, I was able to reproduce with the steps and version provided. I will share this with the team. For now, you will either want to navigate to a URL first (as you've noted), or use the newer 1Password browser experience that Yaron linked to above, as this only seems to affect the classic extension.

This discussion has been closed.