What is the best way to do the things below?

Options
Penguinlay
Penguinlay
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

Saving entries of type:

• Debit Card (as Credit Card?)
  • SSH Keys
  • GPG Keys

Saving fields within the entry:

• More than One Network Name for Router (2.4GHz and 5GHz with the same password; obviously I can always add as a custom field but lose the autofill functionality that way)

Loading all entry types anywhere upon autofill queue:

• For example, router information or credit card information. There are times when the fields of the app are not recognized as they either say autofill not available or only show up login entries upon search on the popup. I don't mind seeing all entries types for all the fields as I have naming convention for each entry and I can just search for what I want. So, ideally, I want to be able to see the autofill for all input fields, including those that are not marked to be autofilled for those that do not follow the proper settings.

Setting custom default settings for apps and extensions like default vault, security settings and notification settings:

• I have the custom default value more of my own inbox for new entries before I sort the new entries into their respective container. I also factory reset my computer and browser quite often, at least once or twice a week. So, it would be really nice if I can save those setting configs to my account and set upon log in with my 1Password account.

Cheer!

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.24.4
OS Version: OS X 11.3
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Penguinlay!

Debit Card (as Credit Card?)

Credit Cards would be my suggestion.

SSH Keys
    GPG Keys

You can either use custom fields in the item, the Notes area, or even a Document item for these.

More than One Network Name for Router (2.4GHz and 5GHz with the same password; obviously I can always add as a custom field but lose the autofill functionality that way)

Indeed, custom fields are the way to go.

So, ideally, I want to be able to see the autofill for all input fields, including those that are not marked to be autofilled for those that do not follow the proper settings.

At the moment I don't believe there is a way to do this I am afraid.

I also factory reset my computer and browser quite often, at least once or twice a week. So, it would be really nice if I can save those setting configs to my account and set upon log in with my 1Password account.

If you make regular backups, have you considered restoring your 1Password folder directly? If you factory reset your computer once or twice a week, that will probably be the quickest way.

This discussion has been closed.