Session expired new tab page appears after successful authentication

sdfwill
sdfwill
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

Recently, I've noticed after signing into my account in 1Password X by clicking the extension icon or hotkey, I'm being taken to a new tab page asking me to reauthenticate (see attached). What's confusing is that I'm not actually required to reauthenticate; I can close the tab and use 1Password normally with or without signing back in. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to avoid it?

Thanks,
Will

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi Will,

Did you recently turn on two-factor authentication or make any similar changes to your account? Although you mentioned you can keep using 1Password in your browser, it's entirely possible that you do need to actually re-authenticate in order to save new items and grab fresh data — you might be accessing your local cache only.

Michael

• sdfwill
    sdfwill
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc Nope, no recent changes. I did add 2FA, but it was quite a while ago. This is occurring almost daily. The trouble is the reauthentication isn't actually preventing me from using 1Password. I sign in by using the hotkey (CTRL+SHIFT+X), then the reauth page appears after a successful login. I can close the reauth page (without entering my password) and I have full access to my Vault.

• Hi @sdfwill. As I mentioned above,

it's entirely possible that you do need to actually re-authenticate in order to save new items and grab fresh data — you might be accessing your local cache only.

Are those things working for you, even?

This discussion has been closed.