Enable Text Replacement while 1Password is Open

Options
zebdro
zebdro
Community Member

I use aText and Mac keyboard replacement for shortcuts, including my email addresses. Yet I'm forced to type out my main email address over and over again only in 1Password multiple times a day. It's so against the grain of what 1P does for me—instead of making things easier art makes this basic thing such a useless chore.

Is there any place to set my default or preferred email address(es) to select to auto populate in 1P? This would be the most secure, I suppose.

If 1P doesn't offer and doesn't want to offer this, is there a way for me too enable aText to work while 1P is open? I recognize this could compromise security. Even if I had to grant the action once every day (kinda like geolocation on iOS), that would be preferable to being unable to use text replacement whenever 1P is open on my Mac.

Please help save me from typing my email address 1000 times more than I need to 🙏

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800000) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.8
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Dropbox (required to sync b/w iOS and Android)
Referrer: forum-search:Enable Text Replacement while 1Password is Open

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zebdro!

Is there any place to set my default or preferred email address(es) to select to auto populate in 1P? This would be the most secure, I suppose.

Not at the moment, but I have passed your feedback to the developers, as I know this has been requested before :+1:

If 1P doesn't offer and doesn't want to offer this, is there a way for me too enable aText to work while 1P is open?

I am not aware of a way to disable this :(

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm wondering what your workflow and needs are. Why do you want 1PW open? If you just have 1PW Mini open then you can fill username (which may be email address) and password and shortcuts will work. I may well be misunderstanding your needs, of course, but it is also possible that you have overlooked something simple.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

@danco every time 1P remembers a site pw without a login email (frequent for me), I need to add the email. Every time I manually create a login for an app (also frequent for me) I open 1P. Less than half the time and usually only on popular sites do the 1P extensions suffice, and most the popular sites are that I use have been in 1P for years. I'm not sure about your workflow suggestion, but I am sure that the full 1P would benefit from having autosuggest for email and/or to enable autocomplete from the likes of aText and iOS/Mac text replacement. Bottom line, I should not need to type out my primary email addresses in 1P each and every time I want to enter an email, when it's faster and better in almost every other app.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thank you! 8-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome :)

• nergdnil
    nergdnil
    Community Member
    Options

OS X text replacement doesn't work in 1Password 7 with Mojave (10.14.6).
    While editing a Login, my system-wide replacements are not respected. Is there a way to enable this feature in 1Password?

• nergdnil
    nergdnil
    Community Member
    Options

OS X text replacement doesn't work in 1Password 7 with Mojave (10.14.6).
    While editing a Login, my system-wide text replacements are not respected.
    Is there a way to enable this feature in 1Password?

1Password Version: 7
    Extension Version: 7.8.7
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Referrer: forum-search:OS X text replacement doesn't work

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there a way to enable this feature in 1Password?

Not at the moment @nergdnil, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.