User interface request - View Password History macOS

Options
frankly
frankly
Community Member

I just had the hardest time finding my password history in the macOS app. In the iOS app, the full screen is used and when I view an item, the Previously Used Passwords is front and center. On macOS, I have a HUGE SCREEN, but when I view the item in the app, I am left with a ton of empty space and I had to figure out that I had to hover over the password so that a down arrow would appear. Then I could click that arrow and see the View Password History option. This is such a bad UX/UI choice. I am a long-time customer and I have loved your app from the word go, but the decisions you have been making over the past year or so have leaned heavily toward making the app harder to use. As someone who has been using the app for over a decade, as a power user (973 items), when I am suddenly unable to find things that I have used for years, something has gone terribly wrong.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3 (20D91)
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frankly!

Thank you for the feedback! I will be happy to pass it to the developers :+1:

• frankly
    frankly
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @frankly! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Geezer
    Geezer
    Community Member
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree with @frankly. I thought the password history had been removed from the UI. I agree that existing user interface design should not change unless it's truly a clear improvement (subjective of course). And I certainly don't understand the benefit of 'hidden UI' - an option that you can't see and cannot be aware that moving the cursor over it makes UI appear. I don't know why the options in this case would need to be hidden.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback as well @Geezer! I am sure our developers will find it useful.

• plucas62
    plucas62
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @frankly too!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @plucas62 :)

This discussion has been closed.