An idea about 1password

Options

Hello, I have an idea about the 1password browser extension and the web app.
It is making a seperate set of passwords with different master password and encryption key from the main one and access it without the main master password.
This might sound odd, but I had to face some situations where it is desirable, one example of that was needing to use school computer to access my email account quickly.
In that case, I have to type out my secret key and master password to log in to the 1password and find my email account password, or I have to go threw password recovery process for the email account.
But, for me, this is inconvinient and also for the first method, seems insecure.
The reason why I think the first method is insecure is because I have to type out my master password on to a computer that doesn't belong to me, so I don't have any idea what software is in it and whether it is virus infacted, heavily logged, etc.
This looks like there can be a risk of exposing my master password if one of the above happens on to the computer that I'm using.
So, I was thinking about a system that allow us to create a completely seperate, temporary vault that have different, simpler master password and different encryption keys, and once created, we can copy passwords from the main vault to the temporary vault from trusted device.
This way, we can access our passwords without typing out the master password to the main vault when in insecure environment.
Also there should be a way to destroy the temporary vault completely when it is no longer used.
I think this feature would give us a more secure, faster access to our accounts.
Please consider about this feature, if possible.
Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sj0123! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the suggestion! I don't believe we have any plans to do something like this, but in the meantime I wonder if you have considered using 1Password on a mobile device?

This way, we can access our passwords without typing out the master password to the main vault when in insecure environment.

If you installed the 1Password app on your smartphone, you could unlock it with Touch ID or Face ID, and get your credentials from there.

• sj0123
    sj0123
    Community Member
    Options

Hello actually I'm doing exactly that and I thought it would be better to use a mobile device to authenticate and fill passwords directly to the computer, rather than typing passwords one by one.
    Anyway, thank you so much for your answer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sj0123:

Understood, thank you for the clarification!

This discussion has been closed.