Help With Family Sharing

MattSpence
MattSpence
Community Member

Hi There,

I'm still trying to add my brother to a shared vault that I have created for him. I think part of the problem he is having is that he subscribes to 1Password but cannot access it because he lost his master password and secret key. If he is going to join my family account, does he need a new and separate 1Password for himself? Does he need to delete his other one?

The point of adding him to my family account is so he won't have to pay for 1Password at all. Do I have that right? Or, does he need to be a paying user of 1Password? If needs to be a paying member, I might as well try to help him get back into his own account and vault. How can I help him with this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MattSpence!

If he is going to join my family account, does he need a new and separate 1Password for himself?

No, he can create an account through your invitation to join your Families account. He does not need to create a separate 1Password account himself:

Add and remove family members

Does he need to delete his other one?

It's not mandatory, but he can certainly delete his existing account if he is not going to use it anymore.

The point of adding him to my family account is so he won't have to pay for 1Password at all. Do I have that right?

Correct :+1:

How can I help him with this?

If you have not invited him to your account yet, please follow the instructions above. Otherwise, if you have already invited him, but he has then lost his credentials, you can recover his account:

Recover accounts for family or team members

This discussion has been closed.