Turn off 1Password7 updates

Options
Houdi
Houdi
Community Member

Hi,

Is it possible to turn off updates for 1Password7?

It's proving impossible to install the provided update from the App Store (MacOs 11.2.3) and it's getting very annoying having the constant (1) showing on the App Store icon reminding me.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOs 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Houdi!

If you are getting the updates from the Mac App Store, there is no way to disable that as far as I am aware, I don't believe Apple allows that.

What is the issue that you are experiencing when you try to update though? We should get that one fixed rather than disabling updates altogether.

• Houdi
    Houdi
    Community Member
    Options

It says "Unable to download App. Please try again later"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Houdi:

Thank you! Can you take a look at my comment here and see if that works for you too?

• Houdi
    Houdi
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried a reboot but that didn't make any difference. Restarting the App Store hasn't made any difference either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Houdi:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Houdi
    Houdi
    Community Member
    Options

I got around it by uninstalling 7.7, stopping the mini version, downloading 7.8 from your site rather than the App Store. It said it failed to install but after a reboot it's now running 7.8
    Seems a lot of hassle simply to update 1Password but at least it's done now.
    Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Houdi:

Correct, the version of 1Password from our website does not have this issue, since it does not have to rely on the Mac App Store ;)

This discussion has been closed.